Your Ad Here

Saturday, November 29, 2008

This Week's Sign of the Apocalypse...

FWG is starting to broaden his horizons. We're taking a hiatus from UConn Football (Pitt preview tomorrow). Which brings us to this week's sign of the apocalypse:

The once proud tradition of Syracuse Athletics took another step towards irrelevance this week:
The SU Women's basketball team lost to (brace yourselves) Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves. Who? Exactly. The good news is that Greg Robinson might not be so lonely in his departure from the Dome this year (You're gonna live with me now...Yeah. I'm gonna take care of ya. C'ause I love ya). Quentin Hillsman (who was voted Big East Coach of the Year) dropped a nail-biter to the Seawolves. Only problem is, it's the freaking Seawolves! A Division II school. And they're from Alaska. And they're named the Seawolves. What is a Seawolf? (See the creature to the right.) There is something wrong with the athletic universe. Notre Dame loses to 'Cuse in football. 'Cuse drops one to the Seawolves. And the FWG is under 275lbs. If we are to find even a shred of excellence or dignity in this entire situation, it is the intelligent and well thought-out remarks of Quentin Hillsman regarding the ladies' loss to Alaska-Anchorage:
"If I had a do-over, I'd do the whole game over and then I could win the game."
Well done, Q. Well done. I hope the ladies-Orange can go on and dominate the rest of their schedule. That way I never have to write about the Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves (although...it does kinda roll off the tongue, now doesn't it?).


No comments: