Your Ad Here

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday Morning QB: Wake Up With Zach Frazer

Here is a new feature, Monday Morning Quarterback. In the inaugural post, I'm taking the common expression quite literally; an interview with the future of UConn's offense, Zach Frazer. Frazer is stepping into a starting role at QB for the 2009 season, not to mention commanding a new offensive scheme, under the tutelage of Offensive Coordinator Joe Moorehead. With training camp only days away Frazer was kind enough to pause and throw a former teammate some love. So here is 10 questions with UConn's starting QB Zach Frazer:

To be a part of the “Fat White Guy” website is a dream come true. I never
thought I would have a wonderful opportunity to answer questions from
Robert Lunn himself. After having my picture placed on his website of me
at the Notre Dame Basketball game, I thought my “Fat White Guy” career was
over. I figured I fell into the category of one hit wonders, and would
never reach the top again. Well that all changed, I’ve been given a
second chance, a new beginning, a breath of fresh air. This time Rob
gave me a personal interview! Wow! Finally some love from a defensive
lineman.

10 Questions:

1.Days of Thunder or Fast and Furious?
Really? This is the first question
Rob wants me to answer? I thought this was a serious interview. Anyway,
I’m a Fast and Furious guy myself. I couldn’t see myself watching a movie
like Days of Thunder where Tom Cruise attempts to act. I’m not saying
Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are any better; it’s just the poison I choose
to take.

2.How is summer training, and coming out of spring how does the new offense look?Finally! A good question. Summer training has gone very well this year.
The beginning was a little shaky, but the offense progressed to a point
where everyone is ready for camp.

3 Who stood out to you this spring? Who has shined in summer workouts?
A lot of players worked hard this summer. The wide outs, tight ends,
and running backs have all shown improvement in my opinion. Isiah Moore
has been a key WR during the summer. Look for him to make some big plays
during the season.
The defense has also been working hard this summer. The secondary is
getting harder to throw against during 7on7. I’m glad I don’t have to face
them during the season.

4. What is one thing everyone should know about you that they don't.?
Back to the person questions. Rob wants me to say something about cars,
but there is something else everyone should know about me. I love Jersey
Mikes Sub’s!
Jersey Mike’s is the best sub shop in the world. I have been
a fan every since junior year in high school, where I ate there every day
after school. I’ve driven 1hr 30min to Providence to get a Jersey Mike’s
sub, had a sub shipped overnight from Kentucky, I’ve even memorized the
entire menu (#9 is my favorite), and have a Jersey Mike’s sub wrapper
hanging on my wall. That last part is a little weird I know, but Jersey
Mike’s is that good!
FWG side note: not weird, just creepy....Norman.

5. What is your opinion of the new offense, what can the fan's expect in'09?
I love the new offense this year! Our fans should expect a fast tempo
offense that will keep the defense guessing on every play. We can have 5
wide outs in one play and then run the ball the next. The games should
provide plenty of excitement for the fans and it will definitely be a
great atmosphere in the Rent this year.

6. Cage match: charlie versus randy, who wins? KO or Submission?
To even come up with the idea of Charlie and Randy in a cage match is very
clever. (I see the UConn education is paying off, Rob) I would expect nothing less from Fat White Guy. It was fun thinking up what would happen if this really came true, but in the end
Randy would win. Not by K.O. Not by submission. By forfeit.

7.On my ipod right now isPeople are Crazy by Billy Currington.

8. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
My favorite guilty pleasure has to be McDonalds. It’s so bad and yet so
good.

9.Everyones gonna be asking. Notre dame on the schedule this year.,
what does. A game like that mean to you?
I can’t wait till November 21st at 2:30pm. It’s a game I’ve had marked
on my calendar for a while. To get a chance to play Notre Dame is
wonderful opportunity, but to win against Notre Dame will be a wonderful
experience.

10.Boxers or Briefs? You would want to know that Rob.

FWG side note: I already know the answer



1 comment:

MG213 said...

I agree that all of those actors are pitiful.. but Cole Trickle provides one of the greatest "sports movie" quotes of all time.. "I'm more afraid of being nothing than I am of being hurt".