Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Just Watched Footloose

I have had quite a few "movie confessions" on this blog, since this whole thing started. Reid over at USA Today even got me to admit that I liked romantic comedies. Guilty as charged.
But today, flipping through the movie channels I came across Footloose. I'm not sure if it is Kevin Bacon's asexual dance moves or the skin-tight Levi jeans--but kudos to 80's dance moves.
And what about that dynamite dialogue:
"...what about the police, you know em?"
"Yeah"
"Sting?"
"No, the ones behind you"
(...enter aviator-clad officer)
Instant gold! How this didn't take the Oscar for best picture in 1984 I'll never know.
Not to mention the whole "learning to dance" montage:




Well done. Well done.
He drives a VW Beetle, he will play his music as loud as he wants, and he will dance in grain-silos all night long. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT try and stop him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bacon has range and a prolific career (Kenny Loggins hits are
a plus).

'Taking Chance' {HBO Films} is another great performance.

-watch it with the girlfriend
and keep some tissues handy
for 'man tears'.