Your Ad Here

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Wedding Date

A few months back I did a "Final Thoughts" on how my girlfriend was not inviting me to her cousin's wedding, but rather she was interviewing me. I informed her of my certain attributes:
"Well, Girlfriend. I am a shameless dancer, I will charm everyone with my mandatory flower girl and/or grandma waltz, and I won't get hit on any of your relatives or kin"

And just like that, the job was mine. Well, fast forward a few months and the time is upon us. Only this isn't a one day event. Its the IronMan of Weddings. A Tour de France of Nuptials. A week long extravaganza. Now, making a good impression is important, obviously. But with several former college football players in the bloodlines, and the wedding planner informing me "Oh yes, we sat you right next to the (open) bar" Id like to now think of this less as me schmoozing for a few hours and more of God testing me.

One slip up and that whole "My Best Friend's Wedding" romantic comedy crap will be out the window. I can see this thing devolving into meatheads invade open mic night and dollar drafts all rolled into one. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, death by mini-bar.
How glamorous.